The HeartPlus, proudly manufactured in South Korea, a country renowned for its electronics manufacturing and home to a range of medical companies, introduces a life-saving solution – the HeartPlus AED (Automated External Defibrillator). This medical device offers a safe, rapid, and highly effective means of treating victims of sudden cardiac arrest, a leading cause of death in the United States and many Western countries. With over 350,000 lives lost annually in the U.S. alone due to sudden cardiac arrest, the need for swift action cannot be overstated. Unfortunately, approximately 92% of victims do not survive, primarily due to treatment delays.
The escalating global fatality rates are a tragic concern, but a ray of hope exists. Many lives can be saved through the prompt and correct utilization of an AED in conjunction with effective CPR performed by first responders until emergency medical services (EMS) arrive.
- The HeartPlus AED employs advanced technology for precise ECG analysis, resulting in accurate shock or no-shock recommendations.
- It has a built-in mechanism to halt analysis and electric shock if the electrodes are not properly attached.
- An overcharge prevention circuit ensures the correct electric shock energy level is administered.
- With DC 9V for operating power and DC 21V dedicated exclusively for electric shocks, the device minimizes the risk of power failure.
- The dual electric shock waveform control circuit regulates energy flow, enhancing reliability.
Audio/Visual Guidance: Upon activation, the HeartPlus provides step-by-step voice instructions, guiding first responders through the resuscitation process. This includes proper pad placement, analysis, shock delivery, and CPR techniques.
CPR instructions prompt users to initiate cardiopulmonary resuscitation. A flashing metronome light maintains a pace of 100 compressions per minute for 30 compressions, with a brief pause for 2 mouth-to-mouth breaths (5 repetitions), aligning with the American Heart Association’s 2010 guidelines.